Monday, May 8, 2023

May 2023 - Podcasts


We are now well into the second series of The Xennial Dome, the podcast presented by Esyllt Sears and I all about the micro-generation born between 1977 and 1985. So far this run we've spoken to Jess Phillips MP, Steffan Garrero, Henry Widdicombe and Thaniya Moore - plus a live edition with Sunil Patel.

The player above will hopefully be showing the most recently released episode which, by the time you read this, is likely to be stand-up comedian Stuart Goldsmith - and the player at the bottom of the page has them all in a playlist - but you can find them wherever you get your podcasts.

Talking of podcasts, I was recently a guest on The Way They Were - GrĂ¡inne Maguire and Chantal Feduchin-Pate's show all about celebrity couples and break-ups, where I spoke about Hattie Jacques and John Le Mesurier - essentially appearing on the show to promote a 1963 episode of This Is Your Life. Interestingly, that's the only episode of This Is Your Life currently available, confirming my suspicion that iPlayer is a messy bitch who loves drama.

And if I'm not talking about The 1990s or the 1950s it appears I'm talking about the 1920s. Earlier in the year I was a guest on Paul Kerensa's podcast chronicling the history of the BBC, The British Broadcasting Century (ep 61) to talk about Ministry Of Happiness, a sitcom I wrote telling the true story of the first BBC station in Wales. Paul has now put together an episode all about 5WA's fifth station director, the larger-than-life Major Arthur Corbett-Smith (pictured) so I'm back with Paul to discuss a few of the details I uncovered about ACS's life durign my research on episode 68.


No comments: