Tuesday, October 3, 2023

October 2023 - Fingers On Buzzers, NonCensored and more...

There comes a point in every Welsh person’s life when they find themselves trying to explain Chris Needs’ Friendly Garden to people outside Wales. Most people are lucky enough not to have that conversation recorded - but I'm afraid mine was as I was recently a guest on Fingers On Buzzers - Lucy Porter and Jenny Ryan's podcast all about quizzing. I was there to discuss the times in my life where I've crashed into the quizzing world - For me this has meant panel games and radio competitions - so for stories of The News Quiz, XFM South Wales and that attempt to explain my brief tenure as producer of The Garden, do check it out.

I was also on the most recent episode of Rosie Holt's NonCensored podcast, as transport correspondent Reg Varney. I'm there to discuss the changes to HS2 with Harriet Langley-Swindon and Producer Martin. Am I playing a part? Or am I just shouting what I know about HS2 under an assumed name? Interesting question. You'll have to listen to find out.

And finally Esyllt Sears and I were guests on Behnaz Akhgar's BBC Radio Wales show this week ahead of the Aberystwyth Comedy Festival where we recorded an edition of The Xennial Dome. Our interview with Behnaz is here (spin to about 15mins in) and if you're viewing this on my website, there should be a chunk of Xennial Dome episodes in the playlist below. Otherwise grab it wherever you get your podcasts.

No comments: